Sunday 3 April 2011

National Poetry Writing Month Poem 3. Death wish

I was inspired by today's interesting quote where you were invited to write a poem predicting your own death, a little morbid you may say! But anyway I had a go and this is the result.

Poem 3. Death Wish

I will die as the sun sets on a midsummer
day, sipping red wine
and eating creme broulet.
The sun will fall down on me
while a guardian angel wept
swept away by the tides
as the dark clouds crept.
My heart is the ocean,
my soul on fire
with the red wine of desire
and the sinister assassin,
that grim reaper drank in
my wine
and let out its breath.
The highs and the lows,
the rise and the fall
of mountains at my feet
and the choirs of angels
at sinners gate.
Where heaven is altered,
the Earth reclaimed
by happy people who
speak his name
resonating through
the grass where the
snake slipped away
and dark angels spoke and craved
and drove away the
spirit, blood was spilt and
shed and then he rose again
and I was dead
and he spoke to the people
and gave them bread
Then they thanked and
worshipped the one true Lord
who heaven sent,
beloved, adored.

No comments:

Post a Comment